The Quick Play net is one of the best bounce-back nets to improve your controls, touch, juggling, heading, and, juggling. It’s portable, strong and one the professionals use in training.
Soccer bounce back nets are among the most crucial pieces of equipment that both novice and seasoned players can own. These rebounder nets allow you to practice drills as if you were practicing with a teammate, so there is no limit to mastering your skills.
This article explains the benefits of a bounce-back soccer net, what you can do with one, and the best ones on the market to improve your game.
Without a Bounce Back Soccer Net
Limited practice time hinders a player that requires extra time to hone their skills. Multiple team members mean little to no individual personalized coaching.
This is where the bounce back soccer net can launch a player into their full potential with a catered development strategy. A few drill strategies give the tools necessary to improve your gameplay.
Soccer Net Rebounder Drills
When you find the bounce back soccer net that meets all of your criteria and is a perfect fit, having some drills to practice will make optimum use of the extra practice time that you are putting in. Here are a few of the best drills.
Volley-passing is a hard skill to master and virtually impossible without a rebound net to aid you. This kind of passing is when the ball is volleyed to you, launched into the air. So, the goal is to exercise ball control using both sides of your foot and your laces.
Not every pass is perfect, which makes a rebounder ideal in mimicking real play and allowing you to handle all sorts of passes that come to your way and control passes that you send to the rebounder. This allows you to practice with a range of control and touches.
The rebounder net will also allow you to learn to throw your head at the ball and control ‘headers’. In any other sport, throwing your head at the ball is an incredibly bad idea; however, you can become somewhat of a celebrity in soccer.
The more natural you can make this reflex in a practice setting with your rebounder, the better you will be.
Soccer rebounders are ideal for goalkeepers because there is an endless number of ways that the ball can come at you. As a single person in between two very large posts, you are a centerpiece when the ball comes your way and how you receive and deliver can be influenced greatly by practicing with a rebounder.
Rebounders will let you test your skills from passing to saving the ball and balance out the distribution of kicking and throwing. Adjusting the rebounder in all of its capacities will give you a full range of motion shots that you can practice on and learn to control properly.
Practicing a little innovation with your rebounder will keep your skillset sharp.
The Three Best Bounce Back Soccer Nets
We’ve selected three different types of bounce-back net for soccer for you to choose from. All three have their unique way – they all offer different bounces, which improve your all-around game. Ideally you’ll have a large one and a small one.
SKLZ Quickster Soccer Trainer
The SKLZ rebounder net is an ideal coaching aid teaching the agile art of passing and receiving ground passes. The true-roll technology provides real experience in practicing control of the ball through the air and cradling it in your feet, thighs, or navigating it from your chest.
- Provides a true-roll that helps master passing and receiving on ground
- Maximize reps by trapping the ball out of the air with your feet, thighs and chest
- Work on volleys and half volleys with instep and laces
- Shoots ball into the air for downward offensive headers and defensive headers up and away
- Portable, lightweight and stores easily
This rebounder promotes offensive and defensive headers and inspires individuals to work on volleys, insteps, and laces. This trainer provides a well-balanced set of practice skills, so you can hone in on essential basic skills that need further practice to master efficiently.
The net itself is light-weight, making it easy to store and set up so you can practice anywhere on the fly. One of the unique features about SKLZ is they created a video that shows you how to practice some drills on it if you are unsure where to start.
One problem that came up was the stitching needed to be reinforced in order to hold the weight of kicks under extreme use. A tip would be to reinforce the stitching before getting it out in the backyard to prevent fraying or you could even reinforce the specific areas around the goal with duct tape.
- The net is lightweight, easily maneuverable
- Comes with a video to enhance training efforts
- Excellent bounce-back
- Solid, sturdy build
- A reputable company with excellent customer service
- The stitching needs to be reinforced if you are practicing hard kicks frequently
- Needs to be held down with sandbags or the stakes that come with it
QuickPlay PRO Rebounder
This net is utilized by novice and pro alike as a professional training tool. The impactful rebound maintains its strength and comes in 4 sizes for any training level. The Quickplay Pro promotes self or team training focused on improving precision and skill.
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINING TOOL - The Pro Rebounder features a high tension rebound net and is available in 3 sizes 3x3’ - flat paneled, 5x5' & 7x7’ - dual-angle panels. Designed for players training together or solo, to improve both precision and skill across all aspects of the game.
- INNOVATIVE MULTI-ANGLE ADJUSTABLE PANEL - Create a practice environment that's more realistic than any other rebounder on the market.
- NEGATIVE ANGLE SETTING - One of the only rebounders on the market that can lean forward past vertical. For baseball, this allows you to bounce the ball downwards, replicating a ground ball. For soccer, this replicates a ground pass, keeping the ball rolling along the ground.
- TRAIN ON ALL SURFACES - Rubber pads are located on the base of the rebounder frame making it suitable for all surfaces, indoor or out. Strong enough to be used by both adults and youth teams the Pro Rebounder features an ultra heavy-duty net and sturdy steel frame.
- Register your purchase with us for a free extended warranty.
The unique thing about this bounce back soccer net is that it has a multi-angle panel that can be adjusted, which more correctly mimics live gameplay.
One of these unique settings is the negative angle setting, meaning it can lean forward past vertical, which makes it more versatile to be used in other sports. For soccer, this setting represents ground passing.
There is no limited training area with the QuickPlay Pro because it comes equipped with rubber pads on the base, making it adequate for indoor and outdoor practice.
The sturdy steel frame is strong enough to withstand even the wildest of kicks. QuickPlay backs up its quality of product with an attractive 2-year warranty.
- It comes in 4 different sizes to customize training
- 2-year warranty
- Sturdy steel build
- Not as easily compacted to store as others on the market
- A bit pricey compared to other models
- Difficult to set up
PodiuMax Upgraded Portable Soccer Trainer
The cool thing about the PodiuMax Upgraded Portable Soccer Trainer is that the company took the feedback and reviews from its prior version and upgraded it based on users’ responses. This hits right in the heartstrings of a company that cares about the quality of its product and its consumers.
- 【UPGRADED VERSION】You ask and we listen! Here is the upgraded version of our soccer rebounder so it's now more durable and no more balls go under the small net. Please note that you can use ground stakes for stability on the non-artificial grass
- 【IMPROVE SKILLS】For goalkeepers, this rebounder net can help improve their tossing power and arm strength. For field players, it can enhance passing, heading, trapping, shooting, ball striking, and can increase leg strength.
- 【2 IN 1 DESIGN】With our 2 nets design, it is sturdy enough for two trainers to use at the same time. You can train like a pro, improving passing, receiving and your first touch.
- 【GAME-LIKE FEEL】With our rebounder net, you can practice volleys and half volleys without having to chase after and retrieve balls all the time. The unpredictable ball returns improve your reaction, allowing you to practice in-game adjustments.
- 【PORTABILITY & EASY ASSEMBLY】Coming with a 4.3 * 1 ft bag and weighing 15.5 lbs, it’s portable and lightweight, assembling and disassembling in minutes. You can make your mini soccer training hall wherever you want.
PodiuMax upgraded the nets durability, so balls don’t slide under the net. The net also focuses on goalkeeper skills to improve tossing power, control, and arm strength while promoting a high level of accuracy.
You can utilize the net individually or with a friend if you want to practice together at the same time because of the 2 in 1 design, which can improve passing and receiving.
The net promotes mimicking what a real game feels like with volleys that give unpredictable returns to practice reaction time as if a kicker really vaulted the ball back at you.
Transporting the PodiuMax is easy at about 15 pounds (that’s the size of a housecat) and comes with a portable bag for soccer training wherever you want.
- The net is easily set up and dismantled for transport
- Excellent rebound strength
- Superior customer service
- Must use the ground stakes or sandbags for stability
- If used indoors, it will slide – rubber footies would be a great addition