Soccer goals are a crucial part of the game. They need to be the right size for your game, strong for your climate/conditions, and durable for years of play.
This list of best soccer goals has a wide variety of goals, that are suitable for professionals, school, youth, training, and your backyard.
I’ve included all of the best ones on the market, with the best in class to ones for those of you on a budget. Consider if you are storing the goals or leaving them out – here are goals for every player.
QUICK CHOICE – OUR TOP THREE
Soccer Goal Sizes
- 5-A-Side has dimensions that are 12-ft wide by 6-ft high. Such soccer goals are for under-7 and under-8 soccer games
- 7-A-Side has dimensions that are 12-ft wide by 6-ft high again. Such soccer goals are for under-9 and under-10 soccer games
- 9-A-Side has dimensions that are 16-ft wide by 7-ft high. Such soccer goals are for under-11 and under-12 soccer game
- 11-A-Side or full-size soccer goal has dimensions that are 24-ft wide by 8-ft high for the under-15 and over. Whereas, for the under-13 and under-14, it’s 21 ft wide by 7-ft high
Best Full-Size Soccer Goals
Before looking at the different range of goals, it’s best to know what size you’ll need. If you need them for your yard, select the size that you have at your club or school.
Golme PRO Training Soccer Goal
This is the perfect option for both professional players looking for a portable goal to use in their back garden in between training or for those that want something robust enough to use for casual matches in the park at the weekends.
With your own regulation-size goal you can set it up anywhere for a casual match or training. You can carry this portable and award-winning goal with you wherever you go. It’s compact and lightweight, weighing just thirty pounds.
Compact & Lightweight
It neatly folds to less than 1 percent of its size when set up, making it perfect for transporting and storing after your games. However, despite its’ compact size, it’s extremely durable due to its aircraft-grade frame made of aluminum. It’s a portable goal worth the investment as it’s built to last.
Whether you are looking for a regulation youth, beach, or adult this training goal is available in all sizes so that you can practice and play with the same goals you play with during league games.
This lightweight model comes with a thirty-day money-back guarantee as well as an extra year’s warranty. It’s unlike many other full-size portable goals and it neatly fits into a carry case.
It’s a perfect full-size goal for matches, practice, and training. If you are looking for something portable, durable, and compact, this may be the option for you.
- Compact and Lightweight
- Simple set-up and take-down
- Easy storage
- 3 regulation sizes are available
- Durable aircraft-grade aluminum frame
- Carry case included
- More expensive than some similar options
- It may be necessary to tighten the net often to avoid sagging
FORZA Alu60 Soccer Goal
FORZA’s Alu60 goal is another shining example of professional-level quality and design.
Available in ten different sizes from indoor futsal use all the way down to 11vs11 games, the FORZA goal truly has all bases covered.
- Made from solid aluminum, the FORZA goal is extremely well-built
- Holds up in extreme weather due to its secure hooks
- Its net is extremely secure, able to withstand constant, hard impact
- Portable for transport between games and drills
As amazing as the FORZA soccer goal is, it’s not without its flaws.
- A full-size goal will cost well over a grand
- Assembly of the goal can take a long time and a lot of patience
- ELITE CONSTRUCTION – Suitable for year-round use, the impressive goal frames are...
- PREMIUM SOCCER NETS – These soccer nets are crafted using 3mm braided HDPE net...
- FREESTANDING & PORTABLE – The lightweight & portable goals feature an innovative...
- RANGE OF SIZES – This range of FORZA Alu60 Soccer Goals accommodates for all ages....
- SOCCER GOALS FOR TRAINING - Whether you want the goals for practice drills or junior...
Overall, the FROZA Alu60 soccer goal is perfect for bringing a professional feel to the schoolyard. Its robust build is similar to Major League Soccer goals – just be ready to pay a large sum purchasing it.
G3Elite Soccer Goal
The G3Elite Soccer Goal may not be as light and portable as some other options available on the market, however, it’s extremely durable and will stand even the most powerful shooters.
It doesn’t come with a carry case and does weigh over 70lbs so it may not be suitable for those that are looking for an easily transportable soccer goal.
However, its two-inch galvanized steel frame will withstand almost anything meaning that it’s highly durable and will last you many years of soccer practice.
It’s also highly weather-resistant meaning that you do not have to take it down if it starts to rain. You can also leave it up in your garden during the summer months at least and store it away for the winter months.
The goal comes with fifty reusable zip ties and ground stakes to ensure the goal remains securely in place during use. Velcro straps give additional support to the net and help to make dismantling easy.
This goal takes twenty minutes to set up making it a great option if you are looking for a net that you can keep set up for a considerable amount of time.
However, this may not be the right option for trainers or coaches that are looking for a portable goal that they can easily carry to and from each match or training location.
However, if you are looking for a highly durable set of goals that you can keep set up no matter the weather, this is the perfect choice for you.
- Durable galvanized steel frame
- Strong enough to withstand even the most powerful shooters
- No carry bag
- Weighs over 70lbs
- Not easily portable
Full-Size Pass Steel Goal
While this option is not the most durable or the most compact goal, it’s the cheapest option. If you are looking for a simple goal that is easy on your wallet, the Pass Steel Goal may be the option for you.
If you are not a professional soccer player or you are looking for a portable set of goals to use with your children in the garden at the weekend, this may be right for you.
It’s not as easily portable as the other options on this list and you may not want to transport it to different places too often, once it’s up, it serves its purpose perfectly.
It’s the most affordable option of all of the goals we have surveyed. It can be used on sand, grass as well as turf. While it’s not the most durable, it’s made of steel galvanized tubing ensuring it will last you a relatively long time. Its metal tubing is also painted white to minimize rusting if it’s left outside.
The setup is pretty simple and it includes stakes to keep it firmly secured to the ground while it’s in use. If you are looking to save some money and you are not too particular about having a goal that is lightweight, compact, and easily transportable, then this is a great goal for its price.
However, if you are a more serious soccer player looking to enhance your skills on the field, or you are a coach planning to transport the goal to and from matches and training every week, it may be a good idea to invest a little more in your goals so that they properly serve your purpose.
- Suitable for sand, grass, and turf
- Durable galvanized steel
- Easy setup
- Not compact or easily transportable
- Not the most durable option
Best Goals on a Budget
AmazonBasics Soccer Goal Frame & Net
The Amazon soccer goal merges stability with convenience.
Its steel base is easy to assemble and does not require any tools. A great option for a soccer goal for schools.
- Easy to assemble
- Weather-resistant (mostly)
- Durable netting
The AmazonBasics soccer goal does precisely what it says on the box. For the price, it’s a very good option for the repetitive use it will see in schools no matter what the time of year is.
- Not adjustable
- The velcro fastenings of the net tend to break off quite easily
- Its light weight (31lbs) doesn’t hold up well in strong winds
- Outdoor soccer goal for backyard soccer practice with family and friends; sets up...
- Weather-resistant powder-coated steel frame (1.25-inch tubes) holds its shape and...
- Durable netting; Velcro straps make it easy to attach the net to the frame
- Includes ground anchors to secure the goal in place and a carry bag for easy...
- 144 x 72 x 60 inches (WxDxH); weighs 34.1 pounds
Overall, the AmazonBasics soccer goal is a reliable option for school practices. However, its flimsy net and low weight do not lend themselves well to competitive games.
Best Portable Soccer Goals
The Bownet Soccer Goal
One of the easiest to assemble soccer goals is the Bownet Soccer Goal. So, if you’re in a hurry, this full-size soccer goal is the best out there.
Some of the key features are:
- Quick to Set-up
This soccer goal is super easy to set up. You can assemble it in less than 2 minutes!
- Inclusion of a Carry Case
You can easily carry this soccer goal anywhere as it’s portable and comes with a carry case.
- Suitable for every surface
This soccer goal can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Durable and Tough
Bownet Soccer Goal can endure even the hardest soccer shots. The rigid steel and fiberglass material offers extra durability.
- Just takes about 2 minutes to assemble
- Comes with a carry case that offers ease
- Great design and durable material
- Can get pretty expensive
- Has mixed customer reviews
Franklin Sports Blackhawk Portable Soccer Goal
The best portable soccer goal out of many others is the Franklin Sports Blackhawk soccer goal.
- Fiberglass and Steel Construction
As this soccer goal is made up of fiberglass and steel, it’s quite durable. Additionally, it’s also capable of taking the hardest soccer hits without collapsing.
- Additional Hooks and Stakes For Support
For additional stability, this soccer goal comes with peg hooks that keep the net in its place. The ground stakes also offer additional support.
- Lightweight and Portable
This soccer goal only weighs around 2.73 pounds. So, it’s easy to carry it around.
- Easy assembly and set up
- Durable and strong netting
- Quite durable and sturdy
- Lightweight and portable
- No extra nets are given
PowerNet Soccer Goal
If you’re looking for a net for professional use, then PowerNet Soccer Goal is a great one. Its dimensions are 12-ft by 6-ft. Now, the size may make you think that it’s not that portable.
However, the assembly is quite easy and you can carry it both indoors and outdoors.
Some of the key features are:
- Durable and Flexible Material
This soccer goal is made up of fiberglass. This helps in making it more durable along with flexible, for carrying.
- Great Design
The design of this soccer goal may even make you feel like you’re playing in a proper match.
- Easy to Carry
This soccer goal comes with a carry case. You can easily keep it in and carry it everywhere. You can also use it indoors.
- Due to the expansive size, it’s great for professional soccer players
- Great design that offers durability and robustness
- Flexible fiberglass net
- One year warranty
- Can get expensive
- Not easy to assemble
- Low-quality carry case
Best Goals for Training and Youth
Net World Sports Forza Backyard Soccer
The Net World Sports Forza goal is available in several different sizes making it ideal for different age groups and different training drills.
For example, the smaller versions could either be used with younger children or for finishing/shooting drills depending on your needs.
- The Net World Soccer Goal is light, durable, and easy to assemble
- Available in different sizes to suit different age ranges
- Suitable for a variety of needs from games to practice drills to recreation
- The crossbar is known to sag due to the interlocking pillars
- Its net does not stay in place for too long
- Perhaps more suitable for inside use due to its plastic construction.
Overall, the Net World Sports Forza goal is a solid option as a soccer school goal. However, its cheap and flimsy build quality rules it out as a serious option for competitive games.
Franklin Sports Soccer Goal 36×24
Despite what people think, small soccer goals are extremely important for children.
The reduced net size forces them to work on their finishing and shooting skills and develops precision in their passing.
Of course, such a small goal is only really suitable for training drills and would not be used for competitive games.
- Small and compact, the Frankling Sports goal is the easiest to transport
- Its small size will help develop accuracy and precision
- The skills learned by using this goal will work wonders for players’ abilities
- Its tiny dimensions make it suitable for practice drills only
- The goal is not sturdy and falls over when meeting a powerfully-struck ball
Overall, the Franklin Sports soccer goal is a welcome addition to a collection of training equipment. It’s not, however, suitable as a main cornerstone of training.
- Durable steel construction: Durable steel construction with precision fit locking...
- Fast setup: For all its durability, this franklin sports goal is also easy and fast...
- Play anywhere: Perfect for backyards, youth leagues and club soccer practices
- All weather net: Designed for rugged use and dependability; this all weather soccer...
- Easy setup: Push pins snap quickly into place, with extra fasteners for improved...
It fulfills one area of training extremely well – shooting. Apart from that, the Franklin Sports goal is very limited.
GOLME Pro Pop Up Soccer Goal
GOLME Pro Pop Up soccer goal is the best portable soccer goal for kids. If your kids are beginners and are trying to practice, then go for this soccer goal.
Some of the key features are:
- Easy Storage
You can easily fold this goal and store it.
- Comes in a Set of Two
This soccer goal comes in a pair and offers more at a lesser price
- Ultra-reflective Net
The net is of a reflective quality and helps in efficient training sessions.
- Best portable soccer goal for kids and other beginners
- Inexpensive and easy to assemble
- Can be stored within seconds
- Not suitable for professional players
- Not suitable for all types of grounds (just soil and grass)
That’s all of the soccer goals. There are great options for full games or training sessions. Have fun hitting the back of the net.