Bring a Premier League-feel to school with these amazing goal posts. Soccer goals come in different shapes and sizes and it’s important to know what you want out of one before you purchase one for schoolchildren.
Though it may not seem it, selecting an ideal goal requires quite a bit of thought. You have to know which age groups are going to use it and what they’re using it for.
We’ve found that a great soccer goal for school use needs to fulfill three criteria:
- The goal should be adjustable
- It should also be weather-resistant
- The goal should look and function like a professional-level goal
To help answer this question, we’ve compiled a list of the five best soccer goals for schools based on build-quality, size, performance, and price.
What to avoid
Anything primarily designed for home use.
There’s a big difference between a goal solely built for recreation and a goal that has hybrid qualities of both competition and recreation.
Conversely, it makes little sense to purchase a full-size, steel, professional soccer goal used by adult players. Not only are these extremely expensive, but they are also not suitable for school-use due to their size and lack of portability.
Below is a list of the five best soccer goals for school use.
Whilst each one has its respective pros and cons, they are all a solid option in their own way. Every school has their own requirements dependant on use and age of student.
We have complied this list for all age types and school criteria.
Best Goals for Kindergarten
Franklin Sports Soccer Goal 36×24
Despite what people think, small soccer goals are extremely important for children.
The reduced net size forces them to work on their finishing and shooting skills and develops precision in their passing.
Of course, such a small goal is only really suitable for training drills and would not be used for competitive games.
- Durable steel construction: Durable steel construction with...
- Fast setup: For all its durability, this franklin sports...
- Play anywhere: Perfect for backyards, youth leagues and club...
- Small and compact, the Frankling Sports goal is the easiest to transport
- Its small size will help develop accuracy and precision
- The skills learned by using this goal will work wonders for players’ abilities
- Its tiny dimensions make it suitable for practice drills only
- The goal is not sturdy and falls over when meeting a powerfully-struck ball
Overall, the Franklin Sports soccer goal is a welcome addition to a collection of training equipment. It is not, however, suitable as a main cornerstone of training.
It fulfills one area of training extremely well – shooting. Apart from that, the Franklin Sports goal is very limited.
Best Goals for Youth
Net World Sports Forza Backyard Soccer
The Net World Sports Forza goal is available in several different sizes making it ideal for different age groups and different training drills.
For example, the smaller versions could either be used with younger children or for finishing/shooting drills depending on your needs.
- SOCCER NETS FOR BACKYARD – These high-quality FORZA Soccer...
- PREMIUM PVC PORTABLE SOCCER GOALS – All of these soccer...
- PRO GRADE SOCCER NETS – Each goal comes with a premium 2mm...
- The Net World Soccer Goal is light, durable, and easy to assemble
- Available in different sizes to suit different age ranges
- Suitable for a variety of needs from games to practice drills to recreation
- The crossbar is known to sag due to the interlocking pillars
- Its net does not stay in place for too long
- Perhaps more suitable for inside use due to its plastic construction.
Overall, the Net World Sports Forza goal is a solid option as a soccer school goal. However, its cheap and flimsy build-quality rules it out as a serious option for competitive games.
Best Goals on a Budget
AmazonBasics Soccer Goal Frame & Net
The Amazon soccer goal merges stability with convenience.
Its steel base is easy to assemble and does not require any tools. A great option for a soccer goal for schools.
- Outdoor soccer goal for backyard soccer practice with family...
- Weather-resistant powder-coated steel frame (1.25-inch...
- Durable netting; Velcro straps make it easy to attach the...
- Easy to assemble
- Weather-resistant (mostly)
- Durable netting
The AmazonBasics soccer goal does precisely what it says on the box. For the price, it’s a very good option for the repetitive use it will see in schools no matter what the time of year is.
- Not adjustable
- The velcro fastenings of the net tend to break off quite easily
- Its light weight (31lbs) doesn’t hold up well in strong winds
Overall, the AmazonBasics soccer goal is a reliable option for school practices. However, its flimsy net and low weight do not lend themselves well to competitive games.
Best Goals for High School
GOLME Pro Training Soccer Goal
The GOLME Pro Soccer goal brings Premier League quality to youth soccer goals.
Available in three sizes depending on age level, the GOLME Pro goal has all bases covered with its sturdy, professional-quality build, easy transport, and solidly constructed net.
- Your own personal regulation-size goal to play anywhere
- Patented one-piece design for quick 3-minute setup and...
- Folds down to a tiny fraction of its size for easy transport...
- Made with aircraft-like aluminum
- Easy assembly and takedown
- Available in different sizes
- Impact-resistant net
The GOLME Pro Soccer goal is an excellent choice. It has all the hallmarks of a professional goal and requires minimal effort to assemble and transport.
- Posts need to be secured down tightly to avoid them falling over
The GOLME Pro goal is a slightly more professional choice for school soccer goals. They make a great choice for competitive games and team training. However, they are an expensive choice for pure recreation.
Best High Quality Goals for School/College
FORZA Alu60 Soccer Goal
FORZA’s Alu60 goal is another shining example of professional-level quality and design.
Available in ten different sizes from indoor futsal use all the way down to 11vs11 games, the FORZA goal truly has all bases covered.
- Made from solid aluminium, the FORZA goal is extremely well-built
- Holds up in extreme weather due to its secure hooks
- Its net is extremely secure, able to withstand constant, hard impact
- Portable for transport between games and drills
As amazing as the FORZA soccer goal is, it’s not without its flaws.
- A full-size goal will cost well over a grand
- Assembly of the goal can take a long time and a lot of patience
Overall, the FROZA Alu60 soccer goal is perfect for bringing a professional feel to the schoolyard. Its robust build is similar to Major League Soccer goals – just be ready to pay a large sum purchasing it.
Which One of These Soccer Goals Is Best For Schools?
There is no undisputed answer to this questions as there are many variables that need to be considered.
The best soccer goal for long-term use and high quality match play are without doubt the Forza Alu60. If you have the budget for these goals they are a sure winner.
If you’re looking for a versatile, economical, resistant, and professional-feeling goal for competitive games – the GOLME Pro goal fulfills this criteria the best.
If you’re on a low budget for older students, the GOLME Pro goal possess all the answers to your problems. The young players will love the professional look and feel of the goal and will appreciate its sturdy build-quality.
However, if you’re looking to install a goalpost for youth and younger, the other options will be a perfect addition for your school. Any one of these goalposts will be a welcome addition in any school.
- Best Full-Size Soccer Goals For Home
- Best Portable Full-Size Soccer Goals: For Pros
- Best Portable Soccer Goals For Soccer Practice
- Bounce Back Soccer Nets: Control Your Game-Play
I’ve played soccer across the U.S.A, Europe and I’ve coached many teams. Soccer is life for me, and with my experience in the game, I want to share my insights into the beautiful game with you.
Joel Powel – Soccer Blade